18 August 2016

Winslow is THREE.


How is this possible?  How has another year passed by?  Our little man, Winslow Prevost, is THREE today.

We were sitting at dinner last night thinking about what we were doing three years ago.  I believe I was walking 3+ miles after dinner trying to get him the heck out of my belly. He was 9 days late at that time.  Yeah, NOT FUN.

Man, I'm not going to lie, I am a little emotional about him turning 3.  I feel like he is SO grown up now and he proves it to me with his independence and his determination.  Terrible 2's were not horrible, but I have a feeling this next year he is going to give me a run for my money. ;)  He is talking a lot even though I am the translator for some of it ;)  and he loves to explain why he does things all the time.  Ex:  "We are rolling up the windows so the rain doesn't get in, right?"  or " We can't jump on the bed because we will fall off and go to the hospital, right mommy?"  He is so curious about everything and I love teaching him about our world.  Last night we were at the table and he said the prayer before dinner.  "Dear Jesus, thank you for God and Jesus and mommy and daddy and my happy birthday." It was so sweet.  He is so kind and snuggly.  Almost daily he asks me to sing to him and scratch his back.  The best thing about this year for him has been his transition to being a big brother.  I could not have asked for a better experience. He loves Hogan with all he has and helps me so much with him- if he is upset in the car, Winslow will say "It's okay, baby brother! I am right here!" or he will try to baby talk him like I do sometimes "Ahhh do do do do do do". Every morning we all cuddle in my bed and he buries Hogan in kisses and says" Did you sleep good, Hogan? I love you baby brother."  Man, my heart is bursting with love for this boy.

A couple of big changes are happening for him this next year. We are starting preschool in September,  and he is going to have to learn how to share his toys better once Hogan becomes mobile, which is SOON!  I am so grateful God allowed me to be his mom and I cannot wait to see how Winslow will change the world.  He is so smart and I can't help but think what he'll do in ten, twenty, thirty years.

We love you so much, Winslow.  Time for donuts and cupcakes!

A little highlight of W's year:  He wears a size 9 shoe and is about to be a size 10 in the next month or so, wears 3T shirts but can wear 24month or 2T shorts-his hiney is tiny! His favorite food is macaroni and cheese, yogurt, or watermelon.  His buddies are Cece,Colt, Eli and Ayla.  He usually gets up once at night and wants us to come lay down with him for a bit ;) , his favorite show is Paw Patrol or Mickey Mouse. He loves riding his tricycle outside and playing with his dump trucks. 





 One day old:
 One year old:
 Two years old:
 Three years old:

And here's his birth story. 

Time to go cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment